The Department of Rehabilitation (DOR) provides vocational rehabilitation services to people who want to work in Supported Employment or Competitive Employment. Vocational rehabilitation services include:
- Counseling, guidance, and referral
- Training materials
- Placement in an appropriate environment
- Physical and mental restoration services
- Personal services, like note-takers, readers, interpreters, attendants, and drivers
- Assistive technology, like communication, sensory, and other devices
- Job coaching
- Services to your family members
- Post-employment services.Title 9, Cal. Code Regs. section 7149.
When you start your job, DOR pays for 100% of these services. When your job is stable, funding slowly decreases.Title 9, Cal. Code Regs. section 7021.5(b). For more information about DOR services, contact Disability Rights California or visit DOR website.