If you want to work, talk about it at your IPP meeting. Discuss:
- Your interests and abilities,
- The environment, hours, and location you prefer,
- Career opportunities and the activities you want to do,
- The accommodations and supports you need,
- Potential social relationships,
- Pay and benefits,
- Transportation, and
- How earning money may affect your disability-related benefits.
Sometimes your first job does not work out. You may have to try several jobs before you find one you like. This happens to people without disabilities, too. Many jobs available are programs where you earn little money. You may want to find something different that is closer to your work goals. The Lanterman Act says your services and supports should help you be independent, productive, and a member of the community. If you are over 18, this means working or volunteering in integrated community settings.Sections 4640.7(a) and 4501.
|↑1||Sections 4640.7(a) and 4501.|