This chapter gives you information on:
- Community integration and participation
- Work, habilitation, vocational rehabilitation and day activities
- Supports for leisure time
- Transition from school to adult services, and
- Consumer rights in day programs
This information is mostly taken from a state law called the Lanterman Act, which begins at section 4500 of the California Welfare and Institutions Code. We give you the section of this state law where you can find the information we wrote. You may have to look at the law to get the services you need. When you see the word “Section(s),” followed by a number and no other information, it means section(s) of the Lanterman Act. To read the Lanterman Act, click here.