Prepare for your negotiation or mediation by answering these questions.
- What do you disagree about?
- Why is this important for you?
- What is the best solution?
- What is the next best solution?
- What solution would you accept, even if it is not ideal?
- What will happen to you if you do not make an agreement?
- Why does the agency disagree?
- Why is this important for them?
- What solution do they propose?
- What solution do you think they might accept?
- What will happen to the agency if you do not make an agreement?
After the Regional Center or other agency proposes a solution, answer these questions:
- Do you agree with their solution or part of it?
- What do you think their next best solution would be?
- What other solution do they propose?
- What happens next if you reach an agreement?
- What happens next if you do not reach an agreement?
Go through this process for each issue in dispute (each disagreement).