Being involved in the community is an important part life. Ask yourself the questions below. Your answers will help you decide what community activities are best for you. And you can plan for these activities at your IPP meeting. You can ask for services to be able to do these things.
- What things do you think are great about you?
- What qualities do other people like about you?
- What talents do you have that other people admire?
- What do you like about other people or the things they do?
- What places do you like to go? What interests you most?
- What kinds of activities do you like?
- Do you like: a structured schedule / a flexible schedule
- Do you feel most active in the: morning / afternoon / night
- What are your hopes and dreams?
- How would you like to spend your day?
- What do you want your social life to be like?
- How do you want to be a part of your community?
- What do you want to learn how to do?
- What do you want to learn more about?
- Where would you like to go to learn these things?
- What groups do you belong to in your community? What other groups would you like to join?
- Where do you go regularly in your community (at least once a month)?
- Where else would you like to go regularly in your community? Where do you go in your community that people know you by name? Where would you like people to know you by name?
- Do you go to church or other spiritual meetings? (Which ones?)
- If not, would you like to go to church or other spiritual meetings? (Which ones?) What cultural or community events do you go to? What community or cultural events would you like to go to?
Activities with Your Child
- Describe any activities you do with your child now:
- Describe activities you would like to do with your child:
- Do you need help finding activities you can do with your child? Yes / No
- What kind of work do you like?
- What kind of work do you NOT like?
- Do you like to work outdoors? Yes / No
- Would you like to work with other people around? Yes / No
- Are you interested in a certain kind of job or business? Yes / No
- What kind of job or business?
- Do you want to do volunteer work? Yes / No
- What kind of volunteer work?
- Would you like to work as an artist, musician, dancer, or actor? Yes / No
Arts and Crafts
- Do you like to do arts or crafts for fun? Yes / No
- Crafts (describe):
- Music (describe):
- Dance (describe):
- Act in plays (describe):
- Go to movies (describe):
- Other (describe):
- What sports or games do you like to watch?
- What sports or games do you like to play or want to learn how to play?
- What sports or games do you NOT like?
Friends and Relationships
- Do you have friends? Yes / No
- Would you like to have more friends? Yes / No
- Do you like social activities? Yes / No
- What kinds of social activities do you like most?
- What social activities do you NOT like?
- Do you have a girlfriend or boyfriend? Yes / No
- Do you see him or her as much as you would like? Yes / No
- Do you want to learn about having a romantic relationship? Yes / No
- Do you want to meet others and have a boyfriend or girlfriend? Yes / No